Have you ever wonder how coconut oil can be used in different ways? You already know its rich in fatty acids, but did you know it is one of the best products you can buy for your hair? Coconut Oil increases circulation, gives you a healthy glow and softens your hair tresses. These are just a few simple reasons why you should consider adding this magical oil to your beauty routine.
1. Longer and Faster Growing Hair Use coconut oil as a natural way to help your hair grow longer, thicker, and faster. The vitamins and essential fatty acids naturally found in coconut oil nourish the scalp and help to remove sebum build-up from hair follicles. The natural antioxidants and nutrients found in coconut oil such as vitamin E, vitamin K and iron boosts hair growth and regrowth as well. You should see the difference with in a few weeks of adding it to your daily routine.
2. A Great Deep Conditioner Coconut Oil has always been known for its ability to moisturize dry hair and skin. It stimulates hair growth by getting deep into the hair follicles. It also makes the hair extremely soft. A great homemade deep conditioner is a mix of egg and a two table spoons of coconut oil. I, personally put coconut oil in Shea Moisture Deep conditioning masque and leave it in for half the day.
3. Instant Shine and Luster Coconut Oil is known world-wide for its ability to give your hair shine and luster. Remember not to over do it, too much can have you looking like a greasy hot mess.
4. Stop Split Ends Coconut oil is a great way to prevent hair breakage and split ends, which also contributes to hair length. Coconut oil treatment also significantly reduces protein loss from either damaged or undamaged hair. A lack of protein from hair makes it weak and unhealthy. Make sure lather your ends as well as your scalp for the best results.
5. Bald Men use it too Many people don’t know this, but Coconut oil slows down hair loss. It’s ability to mimic Sebum(the body’s natural oil) helps keep the scalp from drying out and also coats hair roots to protect them from damage. A well-oiled scalp with happy follicles is key to stopping continued hair loss.
6. The Perfect Protector From Heat Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft so well that it makes the perfect protector against environmental impurities and excess heat. Let the coconut oil sit for at least ten minutes or more, before blowing drying or flat ironing your hair for the best results.
7. Scalp Health Care Coconut oil contains both anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that protect hair against problems such as insect bites, lice, and dandruff. Coconut oil promotes a healthy scalp by limiting the damage that these problems cause. One of those issues that accompany lice and dandruff is stifled hair growth. When you massage your scalp with coconut oil it improves the blood circulation to the scalp and hair follicles, which helps hair follicles absorb valuable nutrients in the oil necessary for hair re-growth.
Follow me on Twitter @GabrielleAmani