This article is for all of my single, lonely readers out there just trying to find a bae…
Are you tired of texting back and forth hoping you have found the “right one?” Texting while single can be one of the most annoying things on the planet. You’re either texting one person or multiple people trying to find key things you have in common. Not saying that it’s bad meeting new people, but when you’re looking for a potential partner it gets annoying going through this process. Especially, when you are surrounded by people with different views on relationships. I recall talking to guys and just thinking to myself, “You all are just stupid.”
Unfortunately, the ages 18 to 25 aren’t really looking for someone to settle down with. Personally, I know that I am in no rush to find my soul mate. I’m still young and living life. Even though I currently have someone, who I’m exclusively with, we are both not ready for anything too serious. I find that too many people now-a-days are looking for someone to be with in an instant without actually getting to know the person. A large amount of young people are so focused on finding someone to fill that emotional void that they end up getting hurt in th long run because their mate wasn’t living up to their expectations.
Texting while single is difficult because people aren’t taking the time to get to know one another. How about actually going out of the texting zone and into reality. Go on a date. Do something fun and/or cute. This doesn’t even have to be anything serious. Just make it fun. And if the person or people, you want to hang out with are “fronting” or showing you that they are uninterested take the hint and move on to someone who will actually give you the time of day. There is no point in wasting your time in trying to make plans or get to know someone, if they aren’t showing any interest. So in all, just enjoy life and the company of those who want to be around you and let everything fall into place naturally.
And here are some tips when texting while single:
1. Don’t be desperate – There’s nothing worse than someone who can’t take no for an answer or who just can’t take the hint. Remember Flirty, not Thirsty!
2. Be honest – I mean, honestly, people appreciate honesty. No need to lie.
3. Don’t be too forward – It’s okay to tell the person how you feel, but give it some time before you start professing feelings you’re unsure about.
4. Be yourself – Don’t pretend to be something you’re not. In the end you will definitely look like an ass.
5. Relax and be patient – If things are meant to be it will happen in an orderly fashion. Chillax.