Even though this article is about moving on after Christmas, it applies to transitioning after any holiday. We have eight tips on how to pack all the decorations, reconfigure for New Years, and save some money!
- Pack decorations in clear bins so you can easily find your decor next time around, and you won’t have to open and rummage through every box to find what you need.
- Stop right there! Don’t throw away your used wrapping paper. You can use that paper to wrap your delicate ornaments when packing them back up (ya know, because newspapers are kind of over).
- If you have white Christmas lights you don’t have to pack those up so soon! They can be just as festive for New Years or winter in general!
- Time saving tip for next year: decorate for winter like snowflakes, lights, garland, etc. that way your decorations are relevant for months and will only require a few tweaks when the holidays come around.
- I know you got at least a little cash or a gift card over the holidays, and after Christmas is the best time to spend it! There will be great deals though the rest of December that you should take advantage of.
- Part two of tip #3 is wait until a least the 27th to make your returns or go shopping. All the malls and shopping centers will be a zoo the day after Christmas.
- You can shop for clothes, beauty supplies, and home goods in the sales after Christmas, but if you really want to save money you’ll get Christmas supplies. Like decorations, wrapping paper, etc.
- Lastly, start thinking about your New Years resolutions now. If you’re serious about making some changed in 2018 you’ll want to have given them some thought ahead of time. So give yourself some time and start planning out your resolutions now!