Ok, so for the record I’m not a relationship expert, but I’ve come to the realization that “dating” no longer truly exist. I recently introduced a female friend to a male friend in hopes that they would hit it off. Occasionally, I like to play the role of matchmaker for my friends. They spoke for about 2-3 days and then he asked her out on a date. I mean a REAL DATE, not the causal text saying,“Wanna chill.” Now-a-days people seem to be afraid to be direct when it comes to their feelings. The text,“Wanna chill” is the gateway text guys use to simply hang out with a female without committing to the responsibility of a real date. The text doesn’t apply too much pressure nor does it suggest any great interest. As opposed to the guy saying, “I would like to take you out sometime to get to know you better. When are you free?” Being direct in that way isn’t as corny as it may sound, if you’re confident. Confidence will always be super attractive.
If you think about it nowadays relationships are so backwards. It generally goes:
1. Meet a guy…
2. He texts you- “Let’s play 21 questions…that’s your favorite color…mine is six, so are you a virgin.” Depending on your response you might get an “Oh, I respect that/ you a freak or nah”?
3. He texts you – Lets chill (probably at his mother’s or a friend’s place)…
4. He tries to have sex (may or may not succeed)…
5. Likes your “TBH” Instagram post… DM’s you to text him
6. You guys go out to eat (that weird feeling of should you pay or not sinks in….So you pay because you’re “Independent”). Then you get an occasional “Hey wassap” text.
First of all, if within the first 10 minutes of you texting him he asks to play 21 questions then this is not a guy you want to take seriously.These type of guys are 99.9% of the time not looking for a relationship just sex. He clearly lacks basic conversational skills and feels a need to use the game as a ploy to find out your sexual level. The Sexual Level Scale ranges from 1 to 10. 1. Being a virgin 5.Sexually Active 10. A matured Thot. Now if you are careless about building a substantial relationship, well then he is the perfect guy for you. If you chose to feed into his game of 21 questions then you’re giving him the OK, which lets him know you most likely fall between the ranges of 5-10. In an effort to change the topic, ask him something that would lead to a relatable conversation and from there judge whether or not you’re still interested in him.
If after you meet a guy and you’re not sure if he likes you or where the situation is going, these points will help you realize if he is interested in potentially dating you.
- He will pay
- He will invest time in building a relationship (Call/Text daily)
- He wouldn’t want you to think that sex is the only thing on his mind
- He makes it known on social sites that he is talking to someone
- He will be direct and tells you he likes you
If you like someone and would like to get to know them better take them out on a date. If you just want to have sex then let it be known and cut out the 21 questions because you’re name can quickly be saved as “Swerve #2 ”.
Subscribe to our mailing list