Kimora Lee Leissner has been trending on social media following the most grown-up Father’s Day message we’ve ever seen, posted by her ex-husband, Russell Simmons.
It’s no secret that Kimora has been married twice, first to Russell Simmons (divorced in 2009) and currently to Billionaire, Tim Leissner. However, many were wondering how exactly Kimora created a life where all children’s fathers manage to get along. One twitter user created a thread on Kimora Lee’s fabulous life. Here’s what she taught us:
- How to be an adult at heart: There are many celebrities, who constantly throw shade and negativity towards their ex-partners. This is incredibly damaging and embarrassing, especially when children are involved. Kimora has been married twice and has children with 3 men – Russell Simmons, Djimon Hounsou and Tim Leissner. Never once have we seen her say anything negative about any of her children’s father or vice versa. In fact, the Father’s Day post above by Russell Simmons is the kind of love that Kimora cultivates. She’s teaching us how to be a true adult at heart. Other celebs, take note!
- How to dominate: Just after her 14th birthday, Kimora Lee signed an exclusive modeling contract with Chanel and went to work under the tutelage of Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld. That was the beginning of her iconic model career. She walked haute couture runways for many designers including Valentino and Yves Saint Laurent. She also graced the cover of the German, Indonesian, Singaporean and Malaysian editions of Harper’s Bazaar.
- How to run an empire: Baby Phat was established in 1999 as an extension of Phat Farms (Russell Simmons’ brand). Before Lee Simmons eye, little was being done to with Baby Phat. Russel’s focus was on Phat Farm. In 2000, Russell Simmons stepped down and named her President and Creative Director of the line. Kimora completely reinvented the line and made Baby Phat the female counterpart to the menswear brand Phat Farm. By 2001, Baby Phat grossed $30 million. In the year 2002 Phat Farm and Baby Phat made a combined profit of $265 million. Under Kimora’s leadership, Baby Phat had become a leading brand in the industry and one of Russell Simmon’s most profitable companies. When Russell Simmons left Phat Fashions in 2006, this made Lee-Simmons one of the few black women to be leading a billion dollar empire.
- Never change who you are– Kimora has never changed who she is, despite all her fame and success. She came into the modelling industry as an unknown, mixed and fabulous girl with expensive taste. Staying true to herself, the more money she made, the more luxurious her life became. Her larger-than-life attitude and lifestyle gave her her own tv show called “Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane” in 2007, to document her extravagant lifestyle whilst being a mom.
- How to balance work and life– Kimora has ran both the modelling and fashion industry and did it all while being a successful mother. Her two oldest children, Ming Lee Simmons and Aoki Lee Simmons are beautiful, talented and smart and are proof that Kimora has and continues to do a wonderful job in raising her children.